To attain and maintain a sterling reputation as the premier equine hospital in Kitsap County and the Western Puget Sound region.
Sound Equine Veterinary Hospital
Sound Equine is Western Puget Sound’s only full service equine hospital. Since acquisition of the practice in 2005, Dr. Hills has made consistent efforts to improve and modernize both the facility and the services offered to our clients which includes the addition of two other veterinarians, Dr. Smith and Dr. Brown. We are focused on the ongoing education of our staff and clients to deliver coordinated, progressive equine care.
Qualified and Committed Veterinary Care
Dr. Hills, Dr. Smith, Dr. Brown and the Sound Equine staff are committed to ongoing professional education as well as the continued development of the Sound Equine hospital facility. Providing state-of-the-art services and therapies are key to providing our clients and their animals the very best veterinary medicine available on “this side of the water.”
The team at Sound Equine Veterinary Hospital is committed to expanded emergency services available to our clients 24/7, year around. We are also happy to work with your vet on a referral basis, with any of our updated services and therapies including emergency hospitalization. We offer our referring doctors the highest standard of coordinated care possible, as well as timely communication and detailed discharge instructions to help with transition from our care.
Progressive Diagnostics and Treatments
Dr. Hills, Dr. Smith, Dr. Brown and the Sound Equine staff are accustomed to managing cases that are often challenging to treat in the field. Our full-service hospital has 3 indoor stalls with continuous networked video monitoring and over night staff available as needed. Our clinic setting allows the treatment of more involved cases, such as medical colics, complicated wounds and casting, septic joints, neonatal foals, and intensive care cases with intravenous fluid therapy or plasma and blood transfusions. We can also perform many elective and emergency surgical procedures including ophthalmic, dental and sinus, soft tissue and musculoskeletal procedures. We do quite a few cryptorchid surgeries too.
We offer the following specialty diagnostic services and treatments:
- Acupuncture: Dr. Hills is pleased to offer acupuncture treatment and diagnostics as a stand-alone or integrative therapy. Commonly treated conditions include allergic reactions, dermatitis, sore-backs/SI pain, stiff necks, temporomandibular pain, laminitis, caudal heel pain syndrome, chronic diarrhea, and colic. Dr. Hills is happy to field questions about coordination of acupuncture into ongoing or difficult cases.
- Digital radiography: great for pre-purchase exams and making timely diagnostic / therapeutic decisions. Images are readily transferable electronically.
- Digital ultrasound: our GE logic-book E provides high resolution images great for difficult locations such as hind suspensory ligament and pelvis. Also good for ultrasound guided procedures like organ biopsy / aspiration and injection of stem cells / PRP.
- Upper airway endoscopy
- Shockwave therapy: helpful for treatment of tendonitis / desmitis, kissing spines, heel pain and splints.
- Stem cell therapy
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy
- Autologous condition serum (IRAP) therapy
- Abaxis state-of-the-art in-house laboratory: We can run CBC / Chemistry / electrolytes / fibrinogen, blood gases, urinalysis on site and get quick / actionable information to help make acute care decisions.
Integrative equine medicine, wellness, internal medicine, and preventative care:
We have the facilities, experience, and diagnostic tools to help make the correct diagnosis and provide progressive treatment options. Both at the clinic and in the field, we provide tailored diagnostics and treatments suited to your horse’s needs.